Monday, July 13

Just Another Manic Monday

You might have noticed I haven't been blogging much. I've been digging through and catching up on my to-do list. I got behind on everything when my step-dad was so sick. I just can't believe how much time all of that took--not to mention the emotional toll. Ed's feeling much better now that he had his prostate surgery. Also, his new doctor finally found out which bug was causing his UTI's--it was a "one in a million bug" and after five days of IV antibiotics he was all clear. He has adjusted to the board-and-care home, but continues to have balance problems and hallucinations.

It helps to have a sense of humor. Yesterday when I visited, he kept telling me about an animal that had been running around the night before. He had trouble remembering the name of the creature, but described it as "pretty big, with a long beautiful tail". When I asked him what color it was, he answered, "Oh, I don't know--animal colored". We continued to chat for a while about other things, when suddenly he remembered, "Wolverine!" I've been smiling about that all day. I wonder what it is in his brain that makes him see a wolverine?

On the knitting side of things, I have another finished object to share--woohoo! It's the Fantasy Market Bag. I used Katia Linen held double. It was a fun knit, and I love the yarn. It's going into my "To Be Gifted" basket.

Next up is the Sundance Beach Bag in Classic Elite Sundance.


No comments: