Monday, August 27

Oh, look, something shiny...

I haven't had much knitting time lately. I've been trying to catch up around the house from the aftermath of our remodel (no, it's not done - still waiting for the carpet). I've been golfing some. My team came in fourth in the Sierra View Invitational and I won a $50 gift card to Macy's. Now that's my kind of prize. Then there's Ravelry. If you haven't checked it out, go there now. It's a site to organize your projects, yarns and patterns, and share with other knitters. I found a couple of Sock Camp friends on the site, and I'm sure I'll find more. (Ravelry is in beta mode right now, but you can look around and sign up for an invite.) I've been researching yarns for dyeing. I finally decided to use Louet Gems Merino and put in an order. I ordered some colors of Jaquard Acid Dyes from Dharma and they got here in one day. I'm afraid it'll be a couple of weeks for the yarn. It's hard to wait - I'm excited to play with all the colors!

I did manage to finish one of my Solstice Slip socks.

Then, what did I find in the mail?


I want to cast on for these right NOW! I'm trying to buckle down, and finish the Solstice Slips, but it's really hard. Now I know why people suffer from SSS (Single Sock Syndrome). What would you do?

1 comment:

Angeluna said...

It is so odd, my colorways look very different from yours. Perhaps it's my monitor.