Thursday, May 15

Catching up

Whoa! When I got back from camp my head was bursting at the seams with ideas and projects I wanted to start NOW! Do you get that way too? I was casting on for a bunch of new projects, and planning new projects, and looking through all my books for new projects, and looking at all of my friends' projects on Ravelry, and not getting anything done. Then real-life took over and I had to knock that crap off and take care of the non-knitting stuff around here. Good thing--I think my head was going to explode!

I've made some progress on my Crow's Feet socks. They had to have a time-out for a while. I made them up on-the-fly using a lace pattern from one of my books, and didn't think it through to the top of the foot. Well, the way the paired increases/decreases fell in the lace pattern, I couldn't figure out a way to make the little crow's feet centered on the top of the foot without having a half-crow's foot on each side. So they had to sit. And I had to stare at the pattern and count over and over again. I still couldn't make it come out right--ugh! I decided to just get over it and kept on knitting with the little half-pattern on each side. I want to finish them soon before the May Rockin' Sock Club shipment gets here, because I know I'm going to want to cast those on right away.



My son is running in the Auburn Triathlon this Sunday. It is a Half-Ironman, which is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and a 13 mile run. Our family is really excited as part of the course is on the road and trails right behind our house! The girls are both coming home and Brian's girlfriend is coming too. I decided to be a little goofy and make shirts for us all to wear when we cheer him on. I tie-dyed shirts and then dusted off my daughter's print gocco and printed "Team Juice" on the front (Juice was his nickname on his high school basketball team).



I used the dog in the logo because he looked so much like Gus running in the backyard. It was a really fun project! I think there'll be more gocco projects to come.

In my post-camp frenzy I saw a sweater my friend had started, so of course, I had to buy the yarn and pattern and cast-on as well.

It's the Fitted Tank by Blue Sky Alpacas in Blue Sky Dyed Organic Cotton. It's a gorgeous yarn and so, so soft! One touch of this yarn and you'll be casting on as well. I bought both the pattern and yarn from Jimmy Beans (so, go ahead and call me an enabler).

I've been dyeing as well. I had some fun with merino laceweight, zephyr merino silk, and sock yarns. Shop update tomorrow if I can get some good pictures.

1 comment:

cockeyed said...

Those colors are amazing!