Monday, August 10

Return from the Summit

Wow--what a blast! I was completely overwhelmed by Sock Summit! It couldn't have been any better. So much beautiful yarn. Wonderful knitty friends (sock campers ROCK). A passel of knitterati. Interesting classes. So many gorgeous shawls. An incredible sense of love and community. Tina, Stephanie, ST2, and all the volunteers worked very hard to make Sock Summit something I'll never forget.

As usual, I was so distracted by everything, I didn't take as many pictures as I should have. I'll share the few I took.

I made new friends on the flight to Portland, Tracy and Margie.
I got goosebumps when I first saw the sign.


I made a huge mistake when I got there on Wednesday. After I checked in I volunteered to help Team Blue Moon set up their marketplace booth. So. Many. Pretty. Colors.

My first class was with one of my favorite designers, Anne Hanson. Her class was great and she is a lovely woman.

Carla, Leslie, Liz and I helped to set the world's record for number of people knitting simultaneously (sorry, Aussies)!

I got to hang out with friends, Leslie and Christine, and help out at the Ravelry Meetup (yeah--Team Rav!).
We set up and handed out the swag bags, then got to eat pizza and knit with Alice and Susan.

I'm just starting to unpack all of my SS09 goodies (good think I took an empty tote bag in my suitcase ;P

8 comments:

cockeyed said...

So glad to see you at Summit! Wish I could have spent more time with you!

Sarah said...

Don't know how I missed you. Boy, you sure came home with wonderful collection of heavenly goodies!

Angeluna said...

It looks like so much fun. You, Carla and Leslie were three familiar faces. I would have felt right at home. My friend Doreen went and had a blast. She did meet Leslie. You too, perchance?

What a fabulous suitcase full of goodies!!!!

Unknown said...

Such fabulous fun & goodies! I even saw you in Anne Hanson's blog pic of her class too.

Unknown said...

Mom you look so beautiful in all of your pictures... and it looks like so much fun :)

tapmouse said...

I so love you, Linda! Miss you much and glad we got to spend time together!

Angela said...

It really was the best fun ever. So glad we were a part of it! See you at Sock Camp(s) next year!

Tammy said...

It was so good to see you! Thank you so much for helping us set up. We needed additional eyes to see what was going on in our booth. :)