Tuesday, January 19

Enjoying El Niño

Winter came roaring in last night. The wind is howling and it's pouring rain. It's about time.

When the power went out this morning, and I had the house to myself, I was thrilled. Just me, a cup of coffee, and my knitting. I've been working on some new socks.

The yarn is BMFA mediumweight in River Rocked. It came in one of my Sock Club kits. I wasn't thrilled with the pattern, so I made up my own. I wanted something simple that would show off the gorgeous colors of the yarn. I think this works.

I am finished knitting the pieces of Cosima (yes, it's really taken me 11 months). Now I need to sew them together and knit the neck band. I've been procrastinating (surprise!!). I've never seamed any knitting before. It's kinda scary.

7 comments:

cockeyed said...

love the new sock! can't wait to see your Cosima!!!!

Angeluna said...

Love your new sock.

Seaming is very Zen. Don't let it bother you. I actually LIKE seaming. But then I love the magic of Kitchener stitch, too.

Anonymous said...

Love your sock!! Will you share the pattern? I have loved making your other ones! All best, Donna

Linda said...

Yes, Donna. I plan to write up a pattern and have it tested soon. Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! D

Amelia said...

I love the sock, it's so so pretty. Thanks for sharing your talent with us :)

tapmouse said...

That pattern certainly DOES work and they are gorgeous! Is this a Linda design original? LOVE. So glad I got to see you at SW this past weekend!