Wednesday, January 28

End of the Week Randomness

Is it Friday already? This week went really fast! Lots of my time has been spent helping my mom with my step-dad--taking him to doctors' appointments and sitting with him while she goes out. He has Lewy Body Dementia and has been having problems with bladder infections. When he gets sick, his dementia takes over and he has trouble walking and is very confused. I'm so lucky they live close by and I can help out.

I've been faithful to my Cedar Creek socks this week and they're almost finished. And a good thing, too, because I got my first Rockin' Sock Club shipment yesterday and its siren song is very powerful. Look for spoiler pictures here if you want to see some amazingly gorgeous yarn and beads. We got the info about Camp Knitty HaHa in our club shipment, and I am super excited! I immediately called and signed up, bought my plane ticket, and booked my room. I corrupted my friend Tece who is going to join me this year to share in the madness. Speaking of Tece, I forgot to show you what she gave me for Christmas--it's my favorite new knitting toy.
It's a Knitzi to protect my dpn's in my knitting bag. Not only practical, it's a handcrafted work of art. I love it.

Remember this yarn? My friend Rosemary made some lovely socks with it and brought them with her to our knit day. I hardly ever get to see what my yarn grows up to be, so I was really excited to see these and wanted you to see them too.

The free pattern she used is Maizy Lace, from Crystal Palace Yarns (they have lots of free sock patterns...I got distracted over there while I was finding the link for you).

I sent out my first custom order last week! Cheryl wanted some yarn to knit socks for her husband. He requested semi-solids in navy and light-brown-to-go-with-khaki. Here's what I sent her.
You can find more manly colors in the shop. Now, back to finish up those Cedar Creeks so I can wind my Blue Heaven (Tina is a color genius!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy being your corrupted friend.(!) Your shop is looking mah-ve-lous....

Anonymous said...

The Cedar Creek socks are beautiful - love the colors!

Rocky Moreno said...

Those colors are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

While I really like BMFA, I think the colorways you dyed are more to my taste. I love those! You are quite talented.

Anonymous said...

I am so honored to be mentioned in your blog! Thanks for the shout-out :) It is starting to warm up already, but I hope to have socks ready for my hubby before the next colder season.